published to May 21, 2020
In most cases, getting regular care is best and recommended
From a primary care provider. There is a big difference between a visit to a primary care provider and emergency care.
When to see your family doctor
- See your primary care provider both when you are sick and when you are well for routine care. They get to know you and help track your health.
- You can get primary care providers at clinics, clinics, and health centers nationwide.
- Contact your health plan to find out how much you will need to pay for a primary care visit before scheduling your first appointment. I have.
when to seek emergency medical care
- Only go to the emergency room if you are injured or seriously ill. It can take hours to see a doctor, you’re likely to pay a lot of money, and you’ll need to meet before your health insurance covers the cost.
- Emergency room health care providers probably don’t have access to your health records.
- Always call 9-1-1 in life-threatening situations or emergencies.