Insurance Blog's

University Graduate Health Care Options, Special Enrollment Period

published to May 29, 2014

College students and recent graduates have several options for finding coverage in the health insurance marketplace®.

1. Special admission period for university graduates

If your student’s health insurance expires, you may qualify for a special enrollment period to sign up for private health insurance on the Marketplace.

Check if you qualify for the Special Enrollment Period.

Also, if you get married or divorced, you may be eligible for a special enrollment period. baby can or adopt a child, move to a new area, drop age out of parental plans, or have a different experience


2. Medicaid and CHIP coverage

Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) are available year-round. If you meet the requirements, you can enroll immediately.

Learn how to apply for Medicaid and CHIP.

Medicaid and CHIP provide health insurance for select individuals, families, children, pregnant women, seniors on a fixed income, and people with disabilities.In some states, programs Covers all adults below a certain income level.

3. Parent plan coverage

maybe you can too enroll in parental health insurance This is true even if you are not married, do not live together, or are financially dependent on your parents.

4. Catastrophic coverage

If you are under 30 years of age, regardless of whether you have a college degree, catastrophic health planThese plans are an affordable way to protect yourself against the high costs of worst-case scenarios such as accidents or serious illness. His three primary care visits are covered per year before the deductible is reached. Preventive care benefits.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button