The Russian-Ukrainian War: List of Key Events, Day 389
As the war between Russia and Ukraine enters its 389th day, we take a look at the major developments.
The status as of Sunday, March 19, 2023 is as follows.
- The Ukrainian military says it is managing to keep Russian forces at bay so that units outside the eastern city of Bakhmut can deliver ammunition, food, equipment and medicine to the defenders.
- Russian Wagner Mercenaries About 30,000 new fighters will be recruited by mid-May, according to founder Evgeny Prigozhin.
- A Russian attack killed two people and wounded 10 in the eastern Ukraine city of Kramatorsk on Saturday, the governor said, accusing Moscow of using cluster bombs in the attack.
- President Vladimir Putin has Visit Mariupolalmost a year after Moscow claimed to have captured the strategic port city.
- Putin made an unannounced visit to Crimea on Saturday to mark the ninth anniversary of Moscow’s annexation of the peninsula from Ukraine.
- Transactions that enable safety Export to the Black Sea Or, Ukrainian crops have been renewed for at least 60 days after Russia warned that further extensions after mid-May depended on the lifting of some Western sanctions. This is half the intended duration.
- Three senior US security officials held a video call with a group of Ukrainian officials to discuss military aid to Kiev, according to President Volodymyr Zelensky’s chief of staff.
- President Xi Jinping is heading to Russia on Monday, hoping to provide a breakthrough for Ukraine as China seeks to position itself as a peacemaker.