published to April 23, 2020
If you apply for 2020 Marketplace coverage during the Special Enrollment Period, you may be asked to provide documentation verifying your eligible life events. You must submit them before you can start using your compensation.
After submitting your application, you can check if you need to submit any documents. We recommend that you choose a plan first and submit your documents later. Once you’ve chosen your plan, you’ll typically have 30 days to send us your documents.
Life event documents and deadlines
- The documents you can submit depend on your life event.
- Please select a life event What documents can be submitted and important dates.
How to submit documents
- Please submit the necessary documents as soon as possible after the plan is decided.
- By doing so, you can prevent delays in starting compensation.
- Submit online or mail a copy. Do the following.
- You will receive a letter or notification in your HealthCare.gov account within a few weeks of submission letting you know if your special enrollment window has been confirmed.
Click here for details When the marketplace requires documentation to confirm the special registration period.