published to May 3, 2018
Your health and well-being are important and personal. You need a doctor you can trust and feel comfortable with.
5 questions to ask yourself after seeing a doctor
- Are all your health needs met?
- Did the doctor heed your concerns?
- Did the doctor answer your questions clearly?
- Did the doctor speak in a way that made you feel comfortable?
- If I have any follow-up questions, can I reach out to the doctor/office staff?
- If you answered yes to the questions above, you may have found the right doctor for you.
- If you answered no to any of these questions, do you think your doctor would make changes if you spoke up? Asking what you need is the best way to get it. It can be a method.
- If you decide to change doctors, check the list of plan providers first. Get tips for finding a new provider (PDF).