published to June 1, 2017
If you gave birth or adopted a child in the last 60 days,
For the remainder of 2017, you must enroll or convert to a Marketplace health plan. New coverage can start from the date of birth or adoption. This is true even if it is within 60 days after you enrolled in the plan.
Enroll through the special admission period
- To apply for Marketplace Coverage for the remainder of 2017 through the Special Enrollment Period, create an account Also login to existing.
- You may be asked to provide documentation such as a birth certificate to confirm the birth or adoption.
Details of the special admission period
- Birth isn’t the only time you’re eligible to enroll in a non-open enrollment plan.
- Other life changes, such as getting married, moving house, or losing health insurance because of work, may also qualify.
- Answer a few questions to see if you qualify.
Click here for details Get coverage other than Open Enrollment.