New parents can qualify for Marketplace health insurance
published to June 1, 2017
If you gave birth to or adopted a baby within the last 60 days, you may be eligible to enroll or change to a Marketplace Health Plan for the remainder of 2017. Plan up to 60 days after that.
Enroll through the special admission period
- To apply for Marketplace Coverage for the remainder of 2017 through the Special Enrollment Period, create an account again login to existing.
- You may be asked to provide documentation such as a birth certificate to confirm the birth or adoption.
Details of the special admission period
- Birth isn’t the only time you’re eligible to enroll in a non-open enrollment plan.
- Other life changes, such as getting married, moving house, or losing health insurance because of work, may also qualify.
- Answer a few questions to see if you qualify.