published to July 2, 2020
Summer is a popular season for moving. Depending on whether you move to another state, the move may affect your current health plan.
transition to another state
- Moving to a new state will make it impossible to maintain your current plan.
- Please report any out-of-state moves to Marketplace as soon as possible. This way, you can enroll in a new plan without having your coverage interrupted, and you won’t have to pay for coverage that doesn’t apply in your new state.
- When you move out of state, you’ll need to start a new Marketplace application and enroll in a plan in your new state.
- Where to apply depends on whether the new state uses HealthCare.gov or their own website. Please select a new state start.
moving within the same state
- Your coverage options and savings will likely not change based on your new address.
- You will need to update your address on your application in case new savings or plans become available.
- see how update address online.
Click here for details Report Moves to Marketplace.