published to August 13, 2020
To obtain or change health insurance if you or someone in your family has lost eligible health insurance Last 60 days or expect to lose within the next 60 days.
Eligible Compensation Loss
- Lose work-based compensation, such as through your employer or a family member’s employer.
- Losing personal health coverage for a plan or policy purchased by you, such as if your plan is discontinued or you lose eligibility for a student health plan.
- Losing Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage. For example, if a change in household income makes her ineligible for Medicaid, or if a child is no longer eligible for her CHIP.
- You lose your Medicare eligibility, such as if you’re no longer eligible for free Medicare Part A.
- You lose coverage through your family, such as when you turn 26 and can no longer participate in your parent’s plan.
Not sure if the loss of coverage is significant? answer some questions Check if you are eligible.
Ready to apply for the special registration period?
Note: If you are not eligible to apply for the remainder of the special registration period in 2020, you can apply for the 2021 Health Plan from Sunday, November 1, 2020 through Tuesday, December 15, 2020.