published to April 5, 2018
go to the doctor right away? Here are five things you can do to prepare.
Be prepared for a doctor’s visit
- Please bring your insurance card. You should have received your card or other proof of insurance in the mail after joining the plan. (If you haven’t received your card, contact your health insurance.)
- Know your family medical history. If you have family medical history and medical records, share them with your doctor.
- Make a list of the medicines you take. Tell your provider your dosage.
- Bring a list of questions and things to discuss. Please write down any questions or concerns in advance. You may want to ask a friend or family member to help.
- make a note. Write down any questions that arise during the interview. Do not leave until all questions have been answered and you know what to do next.
Read on for more tips on preparing for your doctor’s appointment. “From Compensation to Care: A Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You” (PDF).