published to July 15, 2021
If you’re on a Marketplace plan and your income or household changes, update your application as soon as possible. These changes may affect your eligible coverage or savings. If you don’t report it, you may be eligible to receive more savings than you currently have, or you may have to pay it back next year when you file your 2021 tax return.
How to report income and household changes
What to do if you move
- If you move to a new address within the same state, update your application online.
- If you moved to another state, start a new application in the new state.
- Once you move to a new state, you can’t keep the old state plan.
- Report out-of-state travel as soon as possible. That way, you can enroll in the new plan without interrupting your coverage and avoid paying coverage that doesn’t apply in your new state.
- Find out what to do if you move out of state.