published to August 21, 2015
Getting health insurance may be easier and cheaper than you think. And as a college student, you have several options:
- student health insurance If you’re a college student, it might be possible. If you have student health insurance from your school, in most cases you are considered covered under the Medical Act and do not have to pay the fees that people without insurance normally have to pay .
- You may be able to continue covered below your parent’s health plan until the age of 26.
- Buy if you are under 30 catastrophic health plan To protect yourself from the worst.
- You can enroll in health insurance in 2016 Marketplace plan Effective November 1, 2015. Most people are eligible for financial assistance to lower their premium costs. All Marketplace plans must cover, and may even offer, other benefits such as contraceptive services. It also helps protect you from high costs in the event of an accident or illness.
- may qualify Medicaidis a combined state and federal program that provides insurance to people with limited income. When you apply for Marketplace coverage, you’ll know if you’re eligible for Medicaid coverage.
School can be stressful enough, so get peace of mind with health insurance. For more information, see: HealthCare.gov/young-adults/.