published to August 11, 2016
Now that I have Marketplace health insurance, I have more ways to manage my health.
Marketplace plans include a long list of free preventative services for women. This includes mammograms, annual health gynecologist visits, and other screening tests. All plans also include other health care for women, such as pregnancy and childbirth.
Free preventive care for women
- If you’re at risk, Marketplace gives you access to several preventative services, such as annual wellness visits and genetic testing for breast cancer. These services are free when you go to providers within the plan’s network. .
- See full list for free Preventive effect for women What Marketplace plans cover.
- Marketplace plans must cover FDA-approved birth control methods, including contraceptives, as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- find out more about contraceptive effect on the marketplace.
- Both maternity care and childbirth are covered by all Marketplace plans. Even if you were pregnant before your health insurance coverage started.
- Most marketplace plans offer breastfeeding equipment and counseling for pregnant and lactating women. Your health insurance plan will cover the cost of a breast pump – rented or one you keep, depending on your plan’s rules and the provider’s recommendations.
- Learn more about pregnancy When breastfeeding Health care for women.