published to May 11, 2017
To provide free or low-cost health insurance to millions of Americans. If you qualify for these programs, you can start coverage immediately any time of the year.
- In all states, Medicaid and CHIP provide health insurance for eligible children, parents, pregnant women, seniors on a regular income, and people with disabilities.
- Many states have expanded their Medicaid programs to cover all adults below a certain income level.
- To check if you are eligible, Enter your household income and number of peopleto let you know if expanded Medicaid coverage for people in your income range is available in your state.
- Children whose income is too high to qualify for Medicaid may be eligible to enroll in CHIP.
How can I apply?
- You can apply through the Marketplace or directly with a state Medicaid or CHIP agency. Please select a state For contact information for your Medicaid agency, see .
- When completing an application through the Health Insurance Marketplace®, if we believe someone in your household is eligible for Medicaid or CHIP, we will send your information to state agencies. We will contact you regarding enrollment.
Get more information
find out more about Medicaid and CHIP, including how to apply.