published to June 26, 2015
Choosing a doctor is one of the most important decisions you make when it comes to health care. Finding the right one takes a bit of work, but it’s worth it. If this is your first visit to your GP on your new plan, ask yourself these five questions to see if your GP is right for you.
- Did you feel that your doctor cares about your health and about you?
- Did the doctor listen to you and meet your needs?
- Did the doctor use language you could understand and put you at ease?
- Did he or she respect your opinions, culture, and beliefs?
- Did you think you could ask questions at the time of your appointment or call your doctor later and ask them questions?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may have found the right doctor for you. If you answered no to any of these questions, ask yourself if you think your doctor would make changes if you spoke up. is the best way to
Selecting the right doctor may require multiple appointments. Take your time and consider your options. If you are not satisfied with your primary doctor, you can find another doctor in our network. Your insurance company may be able to help you with this. Be sure to tell them what you’re looking for, such as a doctor at a specific time, a doctor of a specific gender, or a doctor who speaks a specific language.
Finding a doctor that fits your needs is important. Having a good doctor you can trust leads to a longer, healthier, happier life.