Celtic 3-1 Hibs: Hyeon-Gyu Oh and Sead Haksabanovic give 10-man Hibernian a late game win

Celtic needed goals from Oh Hyung-gyu and Sead Haksavanović to finally reach their ninth straight win with a 3-1 win over the 10-man Hibs.

Lee Johnson’s team, still battling the memory of a crushing 6-1 defeat at Celtic Park in October, faced a difficult challenge when Ellie Yuan was shown a red card for a second bookable offense just 24 minutes later. I faced a challenge. However, a Josh Campbell penalty rallied to preserve the halftime lead.

Seven minutes into the second period, Celtic had Paul Hanlon clear Cameron Carter-Vickers from a corner and despite David Marshall’s best effort, Jota’s spot kick writhed under his body.

The Hibs seemed to end Celtic’s eighth straight league win when Oh’s diving header from a corner past the marshals in the final ten minutes.

As the visitors pushed for a second-half equalizer, substitute Haksavanovic closed out the league leaders’ win by curling three-thirds, nine points clear of second-placed Rangers.

How Celtic beat Hibs across the line

From the first moments at Celtic Park it looked like it would be a day for Celtic to face a Hibernia side who have already scored 10 goals this season, sadly missing a final finish from the hosts. was

Kyogo Furuhashi should have put them ahead when he crossed straight into Marshall before Karl Stafeld rattled the bar with a header from the corner. The Hibs had very little offense, but CJ Egan-Riley did half his volley with a nice move from Celtic’s edge of the area.

Hopes for a more dangerous moment seemed to go up in smoke when Ewan was shown a second yellow card for his controversial foul on Carter Vickers.

Josh Campbell gave Hibs a stunning half-time lead from the penalty spot.

Whether intentional or not, Forward was given his marching orders.

Starfeldt’s pulling the clear shirt on Hanlon from a Hibs throw-in was not picked up by field officials and was seen little in the way of protests from visitors, but it did go through VAR’s eagle eye. I couldn’t. After a trip to the pitchside monitor, McLean awarded a penalty, but it was duly converted by Campbell.

It was a far cry from Hibs’ terrible performance at Celtic Park, but they were only able to hold on to the lead nine minutes into the second period, and Hanlon was embroiled in another penalty controversy. This time he was the instigator, dragging Carter Vickers down from the corner and leaving McLean with a stone wall decision.

Marshall was inches away from shutting out Jota’s low effort, but he and Hives left their disappointment behind to keep Celtic on hold for most of the rest of the second half. Egan-Riley’s heroics at Furuhashi’s goal line denied their lead and a botched decision in the final third threatened to cost the hosts a winning run.

A pair of substitutes would end up succeeding where others had failed.A strong header by Oh from the corner ten minutes later gave Celtic the lead at last and he was warned for the shirtless celebration. Haxavanovic curled in the third in stoppage time after seeing it done, allaying Hive’s recovery concerns.

The hosts were far from their best free-flowing, but the win at least sets them up perfectly for their next home game, Old Firm’s matchup against second-placed Rangers on 8 April. I was.

what’s next?

Celtic Return to Scottish Premiership Action after International Breakaway Ross County April 2, live on sky sports12 o’clock kick off.

hibernian I’m at home in Motherwell on April 1st. Kick off at 3pm.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button