published to December 19, 2013
For millions of Americans, affordable coverage is just around the corner.And making sure people know about the new options available and ensuring a smooth transition to this new day of coverage is our number one priority.
Provide a smooth transition
We are taking several steps to help you:
- you now have More time to enroll and pay premiums
- improved. window shopping experience at HealthCare.gov
- PCIP subscribers can continue coverage Through January 2014.
We also work with insurance companies to Consumers who canceled plans There are no gaps in coverage after January 1st. We offer additional resources if your personal insurance policy is cancelled.
Resources for consumers with canceled plans
If you or someone you know receives a cancellation notice, you should know the following:
- You can do it Phone 1-866-837-0677, a new hotline dedicated to consumers with canceled policies. A representative will help you find coverage starting in 2014. Explain the options available to replace or renew a canceled plan. You can call us Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- If the plans available in the marketplace are not affordable, you may qualify for the “hardship” exemption. devastating news coverage.
- To purchase this coverage, Complete the Hardship Waiver Formand indicates that the policy has been canceled and that marketplace options in your area may not be affordable.
- You must then provide a copy of this form and your cancellation notice to the insurance company that offers catastrophic coverage in your area and apply directly. A hotline can help with questions about this option.
We are working around the clock to ensure that everyone who wants coverage after January 1st gets it. Also remember that the deadline for applying for compensation valid from 2014 is he March 31st.
Coverage is away from calls, clicks, or conversations.Inviting Americans Without Employer-Based Insurance Learn about new options in the health insurance marketplace® at HealthCare.gov.
please remember Pay premiums to insurance companies by December 31st or later Set by insurance companies for coverage effective from 1 January 2014.