The Public Prosecutor’s Office (OM) plans to indict actor Thijs Römer. He is charged with three sex crimes involving three underage girls from the age of 14 at the time of the crime to the age of 16. OM’s Northern Netherlands District Office confirmed the matter with ANP after RTL Boulevard first reported the allegations.
The crimes date back from 2015 to the end of 2017. Earlier this year, the 20-year-old also used her Twitter to accuse Remer of sexual misconduct in an incident she said occurred when she was 14.
Roemer denied these allegations at the time. “Until now, I haven’t felt compelled to react to this,” the actor wrote on Twitter in May. The girl’s story is too much of a bridge for me, the father of a teenage daughter and a sane human being.” The woman later said she regretted sharing her accusations on Twitter. However, he did not withdraw.
In September, Roemer announced that he had cleared the “for the time being” agenda. The actor said the reason was that he had been working too hard for the past year and needed a break.
Marche Sharpe, who represents the two women who accused Mr. Remer, said on Thursday that the women were happy that the lawsuit against Mr. Remer was underway. Sharpe said the two women were “looking forward to the day when more was announced.”
The case will not go to trial in 2022, but is expected to be processed next year, according to OM.