published to January 28, 2014
Deductibles, premiums, copayments, and coinsurance are important considerations when choosing a health insurance plan.You can do it Compare health plans to see if you qualify for lower costs before applying. Most people who apply are eligible to help pay for health insurance.
Here are six important things to know about your deductible amount.
- Health insurance can help keep costs down, even if you have to pay out-of-pocket to meet the deductible. Insurance companies negotiate rates with providers and pay them discounted rates. On average, he pays twice as much for medical care as an uninsured person.
- Health insurance deductibles are different from other types of deductibles. Unlike auto, renter, or homeowners insurance, where you can’t get service until you pay the deductible, many health insurance plans offer some benefits before you pay the deductible.
- All Marketplace plans cover preventive care. Screening, Immunization, and Other Preventive Services Get covered without having to pay a deductible. Many health insurance plans also cover other benefits such as doctor visits and prescription drugs, even if they don’t reach the deductible.
- In 2014, the personal in-network service limit is $6,350. Maximum for families is $12,700.Choose a high deductible devastating planmake sure your out-of-pocket costs do not exceed this limit.
- Over 70% of Marketplace plans have a deductible of less than $3,000. you Choose a health insurance plan, it is important to understand what your insurance company will cover without you having to pay a deductible. You can then decide whether you want a plan with a low monthly premium and a high deductible, or a plan with a high monthly premium and a low deductible.
- The Silver plan saves even more. if you Eligible for lower out-of-pocket costs Choose the Silver plan and save even more with lower co-pays and deductibles. If you qualify, you can take advantage of the out-of-pocket savings benefits of a Gold or Platinum plan at the price of a Silver plan. You can choose any category of plan, but these out-of-pocket savings apply only if you subscribe to the Silver plan.