published to August 3, 2017
For most people, the 2017 health insurance plan deadline has passed. However, you may be able to get health insurance for the rest of 2017.
5 Things You Need to Know About Applying for the Special Enrollment Period
- If you experience certain life events such as moving, losing other health insurance, or giving birth, you may be eligible for a special enrollment period. Click here for a list of life events.
- You usually have up to 60 days after the event to enroll in a plan. If you miss that period, you will have to wait until the next open registration period starting November 1, 2017 and will need to apply for 2018 coverage.
- You’ll know right away if you can pass.start with answer a few simple questions.
- Depending on your life event, you may be required to submit documents proving your eligibility for admission. You must submit them before you can start using your compensation.Learn more about Check your eligibility for a special enrollment period.
- can enter Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) At any time, regardless of whether you are eligible for the Special Enrollment Period.
Click here for details Get Coverage Beyond Open Enrollment.