2016 Marketplace Covered? 3 Tips for Filing Your 2016 Taxes
published to March 16, 2017
If you signed up for a 2016 Marketplace health insurance plan, you should have received taxes Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® statement on mail. If you have an online Marketplace account, it is also available through this form. This form is required to “adjust” your 2016 federal income tax. That is, to see if you used the right amount of premium tax credit for the year. Here are 3 tips.
1. Make sure the 1095-A is correct
- Read the instructions on the back and make sure everything is correct, including “Monthly Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP) Premium”.
- If any corrections are required, Please contact the Marketplace Call Center. I will send you the corrected form. Do not file your taxes until you have the correct 1095-A.
2. Get Form 8962 and “Adjust”
3. Complete Form 8962 using 1095-A
- see us step by step guide Find out how to enter information from 1095-A on Form 8962 here.
- Attach the completed Form 8962 to your 2016 federal tax return.